Mount And Blade 2 can be a difficult game to play and progress in. With the cheats in this guide, players can easily get an advantage in any campaign.
TaleWorld’s medieval role-playing game, Mount And Blade 2: Bannerlord, can be a difficult sandbox play in. Tune into this guide and learn what cheats best modify the role-playing experience. In Mount And Blade 2, player created characters are not special characters within the game. Unlike in many other RPG’s, the player-controlled character doesn’t have a destiny or prophecy to fulfill. Rather, it’s up to the player to role-play their own journey. However, that doesn’t really make the game’s combat easier and it also doesn’t make the process of getting gold and XP any faster either.
In Mount And Blade 2, players can easily circumvent the grind to earn XP and gold just by using cheats. Mount And Blade 2 is also a game where players can assemble huge armies and battle with factions. One way to ensure that the player’s army always wins the battle is by using the cheat to knock out all enemy combatants. Players can also eventually create their own kingdoms and what faster way to establish authority than by undisputedly winning every battle.
When played without cheats, Mount And Blade 2 presents a rather daunting and difficult world to but instead of engaging in dangerous battles, players can just spawn in the gold and experience. With all the freedom to engage in medieval antics, Mount And Blade 2 is a prime example of a sandbox game. Arguably the greatest feature of sandbox games is that they can be changed and modded all the player wants. This guide will reveal the in-game cheats that can be used to modify a current campaign or new character.
How To Unlock Cheat Mode in Mount And Blade 2: Bannerlord
Fortunately, TaleWorlds has graced players with console command cheats and also hotkey cheats for combat. In order to use them, however, players must first enable cheat mode. To do this, players have to actually enable it in the config of the game since it can not be activated by the console. First, close the game and open up file explorer. Then, navigate to the documents tab and open up the folder labeled “Mount and Blade II Bannerlord“. Four other folders should appear within that one. If a folder is missing, which is an issue some players have faced, reinstall the game or verify the integrity of the game cache via Steam. If all folders are present, select the configs folder and open it up.
The option to enable cheat mode is located in the document titled “engine_config”. These config documents can be opened with most word programs available, but Notepad is likely to be the default on most Windows computers. Once opened, players can see a whole list of options available for change. To activate cheat mode, find the option labeled “Cheat_mode = 0” and to change the option, simply replace the “0” with a “1”. The changes are made once players save and exit the config document and cheat mode will now be on next time Mount And Blade 2 launches. To turn the cheat mode off, simply access the same config document again and replace the “1” with a “0”.
List of Hotkey Cheats In Mount And Blade 2: Bannerlord
Once cheat mode is turned on, players can either continue with a previously saved game or start a new one. One way to check if cheat mode is on is by loading up a previous save or ongoing character and opening up their inventory. On the left side of the screen, all the items in the game should be made available for selection into your inventory. Players can choose whether or not they wish to take gear from this menu, but it does signal that cheat mode is on. The game can still be played normally and menus for shopping and looting are not affected by cheat mode.
The following hotkey cheats have been tested in-game on an ongoing character:
- CTRL + F4: While in combat, knocks out a single enemy.
- CTRL + ALT + F4: While in combat, knocks out the entire enemy army at once.
- CTRL + Left Click: While on the map screen, will teleport the party to the location of the click.
- CTRL + H: While in combat or walking around, heal the player’s character to full.
- CTRL + Shift + H: While in combat, heal the player’s horse to full.
- CTRL + F2: While in combat, knocks out a single friendly soldier.
- CTRL +F3: While in combat, knocks out the player.
- CTRL + Shift + F3: While riding, knocks out the player’s horse.
- CTRL + F6: Knocks out one of the player’s troops.
- CTRL + SHIFT+ F6: Knocks out all of the player’s troops.
Console Command Cheats In Mount And Blade 2: Bannerlord
For players looking to do things like give themselves gold and levels, look no further. Cheat mode allows Players to use console commands (ALT + `) to modify specific aspects of the game. Single-player commands can be found easily by typing “campaign.” (including the period). The console should then display a drop-down list that players can scroll through and use at will. To bring up a more expansive list, simply enter “help” into the console.
The following console commands have been tested in-game on an ongoing character (Replace # with value):
- Add gold: campaign.add_gold_to_hero #
- Add Focus Points: campaign.add_focus_points_to_hero #
- Add Skill XP: campaign.add_skill_xp_to_hero (skill name) (#) (Hero name)
- Add Renown: campaign.add_renown_to_clan #
- Add Influence: campaign.add_influence #
- List all troop IDs: campaign.give_troops_help
- Add certain troops to party: campaign.give_troops (troop ID) (#)
- Complete current quest: campaign.complete_active_quest
- Cancel Active Quest: campaign.cancel_active_quest
- Conceive a child: campaign.conceive_child
- Give Specific Item: campaign.give_item_to_main_party [ItemName] [Amount]
- Set all characters skills to specific value: campaign.set_all_skills_main_hero [Value]
- Set all of a specific character’s skills to a specified level: campaign.set_skills_of_hero [Level] [HeroName]
- Add Skill XP To Troops: campaign.give_troops_xp [Number]
- Reset a companion’s stats to 0: campaign.add_companion
- Grants 100 of eachrafting material to all party members: campaign.add_crafting_materials
- Force AI to attack a particular settlement: campaign.ai_siege_settlement [HeroName] [SettlementName]
- Start World War: campaign.start_world_war
- Factions Declare War on Each Other: campaign.declare_war [Faction1] [Faction2]
- Give Everyone Set Amount of Gold: campaign.add_gold_to_all_heroes [Number]
Mount & Blade 2 is available in Early Access form on PC.
The Coolest Minecraft Seeds for 2022